Monday, June 20, 2011

Bowery Hotel Wedding featured in this weeks TIME OUT NEW YORK Magazine !


Check out this weeks' issue of TIME OUT NEW YORK Magazine to see an image from Maya & Iain's Scottish-influenced wedding in an article on STYLISH NEW YORK COUPLES !
 The couple got married at Old St Patricks' then followed a bag-piper through the streets of SoHo to a reception at The Bowery Hotel !


"Maya Maclean, 37, finance-application support analyst; and Iain Duncan Maclean, 32, finance technology team manger; West Village
Married on August 21, 2010, at St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral (263 Mulberry St between W Houston and Prince Sts; 212-226-8075, oldcathedral.org), followed by a reception at the Bowery Hotel (335 Bowery at 3rd St; 212-505-9100, theboweryhotel.com).

Photographer: 4Eyes Photography (4eyesphotography.com)


Her attire: “My romantic, flowy Nicole Miller dress was one of the most comfortable dresses I have ever worn. I initially discovered it at Lovely Bridal Shop (313 W 4th St between Bank and W 12th Sts; 212-924-2050, lovelybride.com), a beautiful boutique literally across the street from our apartment in the West Village. However, I found my size at the designer’s shop (77 Greene St between Broome and Spring Sts; 212-219-1825, nicolemiller.com) in Soho. My mother made my veil, and my pearl earrings and bracelet from Tiffany’s were a birthday gift from my then-fiancĂ©. The flower in my hair is actually an accessory from Kelima K (611 Broadway at Houston St, third floor; 212-334-6546, kelima.com).”

His attire: “My husband and his family are Scottish, so he and his father wore kilts in their family tartan—the Maclean hunting tartan. The gillie brogues, sporran pouch and wool knee socks worn with sgian-dubh, or a ceremonial knife, are all part of the traditional outfit. It’s a reflection of how important it is to remember and honor where he came from.”


No comments: